- WHAT WE DO -
The First Stop Office (Center for the First Year Experience) is a central point, “home base," of support, connection, and welcome for all new first-year and transfer students at McDaniel College.
The goal of First Stop is to connect students, in a “one stop” approach, to people, places and programs. New students are supported in their development within the offering of orientation, first year and transfer seminars, the Peer Mentor program, and overall programming and support for academic and social engagement in the college community.
The First Stop aims to build a strong foundational base for new students and support their development into a lifelong path of learning and success at McDaniel and beyond.
- STUDENT SUCCESS & SUPPORT -
Here is a snapshot of the support and services being offered from the First Stop Office for the Fall 2018 semester:
- Click here to view our Fall 2018 Programs Flyer.
- Click here to view the Fall 2018 Tutoring Schedule.
- Click here to learn more about our Midterm & Finals Support Group.
- Click here to learn about making one-on-one appointments with upper-class student leaders, known as the "First Stop Crew."
- Click here to learn about our GET IT DONE! hours
- Click here to learn about FIRST STOP ON THE MOVE.
Other services and sources of support to utilize from around campus:
- Click here for more information about the Student Academic Support Services (SASS) office.
- The McDaniel Writing Center is here to offer writing assistance for students, at any point in the writing process for papers, projects, and presentations.
- Curious about fun events and activities happening, here, on the Hill? Contact the Office of Student Engagement (O.S.E.), and check out their Fall 2018 event flyers.
- Need help finding a job, finding an internship, finding scholarships, polishing your resume, or finding out about studying abroad? Contact the Center for Experience & Opportunity (C.E.O.).